It's amazing how one day can include both the extremely good and extremely tough times. This morning, we woke up and were all out of sorts as a family - nothing we did would make our little girl happy. She was clingy (to Dada) and didn't seem to enjoy anything we tried to do! It got to the point where Jake and I decided to call his mom to see if it would help to have a visit from Grandma, which of course it did. She turned on her charm for her grandma, and they played and we were able to get a lot done around the house, including putting up our Christmas tree (I'm amazed we actually accomplished this!)
Then she went down for nap and I knew it would be just the two of us all evening, since Jake was heading to work.
And it was bliss.
We had so much fun - it truly made me believe in waking up on the wrong side of the bed and then after nap, on the entirely right side of the bed!! Let's find that side every time! She and I danced to Raffi, she cuddled up on my lap for Minnie "Mimmie", we made tea and even gave a cup to Callie, we colored, played with puzzles and light-up toys, tickled our noses on the tree needles, ate taquitos and cheese, and played with the magnets on the easel. She also has this newfound love for jumping around in her crib, so I watched while she bounced for awhile. All in all, it was a beautiful evening and I just cherish these moments because they seem to come and go at this age, for no particular reason.
We read books at bedtime and she wanted to read the Counting Kisses book and do the various kisses on her baby doll. Then when it was time to sleep, she gave me a hug and kiss like always, then requested giving Callie "Lala" a hug and kiss, then as we've started to do gave Dada a hug and kiss into the air. It's so sweet and inclusive of our whole family, which just makes me smile. I'm so hopeful this winter, which I'm afraid will feel long at times, has more days, moments and memories like today.

No comments:
Post a Comment