This post is about a year old, considering we flew home from Montana exactly a year ago. I had wanted to write about our time in Montana last Christmas, which was a really wonderful weeklong trip to visit Jake's Grandma and Grandpa at their home in Kalispell. Beautiful! I feel so lucky to be part of this family, and it was a wonderful relaxing trip during my last trimester of pregnancy.
I had finished my MBA classes the week before, and was extremely excited to land in this charming little town. It was Jake's 30th birthday so first, we had to celebrate with cake.
 |
| My husband in 25 years and in 50 years - pretty cute men! |
 |
| We were in charge of Christmas Eve dinner, and we made lasagna. |
 |
| I learned how to make rosettes from Grandma, which is a family tradition |
 |
| Appetizers on Christmas day- we had far too much good food! |
 |
| Our stockings around the chimney as we celebrated the season together |
Halfway through the week, we rented a townhome in Whitefish in the mountains. I was itching to ski, but the baby would not have approved (nor would my OB!) So I relaxed all day by the fire with my mother-in-law while the other "kids" skied. Here is my dude in all his glory.
 |
| Our townhome in Whitefish |
 |
| Gorgeous mountains! |
 |
| Gorgeous wintery weather and scenery |
 |
| Adorable little resort in the mountains |
It was awesome to partake in Jake's family memories, and I spent so much time thinking about the fun of our future family holiday memories at home. I love holiday traditions, and know that we will not often be traveling over Christmas. I was extremely thankful for the change of pace for a year, and I will fondly look back on this trip always. Next post, I'll write about another different kind of Christmas, the one we just finished celebrating!
No comments:
Post a Comment