Today I received two separate notes about 12/12/12. The first was an email from a friend, wishing me a happy 12/12/12, and telling me she knows that I will do something special on this special date, and that it's only 12 days until Kennedy's first Christmas. The second was a text message from a friend, saying Happy 12/12/12 at 12:12pm!
Boy, do my friends know me well.
What I love about this is that people know me and my quirks, the things that will make me smile. Both of these things made me smile today, and we did do something special on this date. It was the perfect day for Kennedy to meet Santa for the first time.
She did pretty well, don't you think?
What I love to think about this season, and especially on 12/12/12 - something which will never happen again in our lifetime (nor something similar like 11/11/11, 10/10/10, etc.) - I love to think about the beauty of these simple little things that make us smile. The numerical pattern of the date, a hot cup of tea, a cozy fireplace, twinkling Christmas lights, the smell of warm cookies in the oven. Big hugs and time with loved ones. Christmas music. Old traditions and new ones.
May you all have a joyous holiday season, and I hope your 12/12/12 was as spectacular as mine. It's the little things, isn't it?!

No comments:
Post a Comment