Multiple times a day, Jake and I find ourselves saying, "...just like Mommy" or "...just like Daddy." We are smitten with the little things Kennedy does that remind us of one another. So far, we've come up with this list:
- Open mouth sleeper like Daddy
- Furrowed brows like Daddy
- Fears transition like Mommy
- Loves to cuddle like Mommy
- Loves car rides like Daddy (especially when he was a baby)
- Good sleeper, like BOTH Mommy and Daddy!
I know there are a million more we've noticed, but this is what comes to mind right now. Are these observations really just coincidences, or is there some truth behind the commonalities we see? It makes me wonder again - what traits are we born with, and what traits are learned? It's a million dollar question, and I find myself asking this question a lot more frequently now that I'm thinking about how to model good behavior for my daughter and how much it really matters.
I am a big believer in the environment around us helping shape who we are, but I'm also sure that it's a combination. My behavior has just never had such a huge impact on another human being, so I'm thinking more and more about this.
That's about all I have for real thoughts today - my other thoughts come in the form of pictures that are truly worth more than any words or thoughts I might write:
 |
| We love the paci! |
 |
| Sleeping on Grandpa's lap |
 |
| Trying the new sling |
 |
| Cozy sleeper |
 |
| This was Grandma's hat when she was an infant! Precious. |
Yes, we are still happily in love!
No comments:
Post a Comment