Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Kennedy at 1 month!

It's really quite hard to believe that Little Miss Kennedy is 1 month today. Where did the time go? I know I'll be saying this phrase a LOT over the next weeks, months, years. I do feel thankful, though, that I've recognized how fast it goes and have really been soaking in our time together. Like REALLY enjoying each day, making sure not to plan too many things, so we have lots of time for cuddles, kisses, spontaneity. Even a couple smiles! My friend Whitney has kept a log of her babies at each month, and I've always enjoyed reading them. I want to make sure to do this, too, since I know I'll forget things and will enjoy sharing them with her someday. Plus my friend Kristi made her these adorable onesies for her first year, so we can take her picture and see how big she's grown!


Kennedy at 1 month:
  • Weighs about 9.5 lbs (75th percentile) and is about 21.5" long (80th percentile)
  • Has LOTS of gorgeous dark hair, though it's starting to lighten a bit
  • Usually eats every 3-4 hours, but sometimes is hungry at 2 hours
  • Usually sleeps soundly for 3-4 hours at night between feedings
  • Fits 0-3 month and Newborn size clothes
  • During alert time, LOVES to be on her tummy. She picks her head up and moves it from side to side so well. She's strong!
  • Likes bath time, but doesn't like the transition out of the bath or the wet towel
  • Hates transition, being switched from one person to another, changing clothes, switching from front to back, but after the transition happens is generally happy.
  • Eats fast, in about 10 minutes. Creating the following problem...
  • Has ZERO tolerance for gas. Is fussy after eating until the burps are gone, but otherwise is pretty content.
  • Has shared a couple real smiles in response to our faces / eye contact. So sweet!
  • Loves to be bounced up into the air and sometimes cries when we stop (this is hard on the triceps!) 
  • Enjoys the baby massage techniques that Mommy learned at Blooma
  • Likes rocking in the chair with her pacifier listening to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star at bedtime
  • Likes taking walks in the Baby Bjorn or Moby wrap - sometimes we do this around the house to keep her moving!
  • During alert times, needs to be entertained or easily gets bored. Is interested in focusing on basic toys, books, music, words. Then quickly gets tired.
  • Sleeps probably 16-18 hours a day, a couple hours less than at birth
I can't believe all that we've done and learned this month. What an adventure, and what a sweet little peanut! I'm so excited for month 2 and what's ahead of us.

1 comment: