(written about a month ago)
I just returned to my hotel room after an exhilirating weekend in Phoenix. This conference - the things I learned and excitement generated in me are astounding. And the weekend started with a little girl named Joey. I sat next to her on the plane - and when I first got on the plane I wasn't so sure. I was excited to get away for the weekend for some "me" time, because as much as I adore my family, it was going to be nice to curl up in a ball on the plane and sleep, with no distractions or conversation. But, as I approached my seat I saw two little blond girls in my row; they looked like twins. The row behind had an equally blond younger sister and blond mom - clearly genetically blessed family.
I quickly learned the girls were 5, 4, and 2 (as they eagerly told me). Crazy mama burnt out with 3 little girls on the plane! When they started talking my ear off, their mom jokingly said, "Yeah, you won't get a word in the entire flight." I'm thinking, "Oh no, what happened to my kid-free me time?"
However, they did let me sleep for awhile, and when I woke up for the second half of the flight, little Joey became my pal. She started showing me all of her things, her stickers and drawings, and offered me a Hello Kitty sticker for my notebook. At one point, she wanted to look out the window, so I told her she could come closer. She literally climbed right up on my lap! Her mom asked if it was okay, and I said it was; it was so nice to have this little person to talk to and share things with. She snuggled in with me and we pointed at the mountains as we flew southwest.
She continued to go between her seat and my lap for the next short while, looking at me when her ears popped, asking for my help to pack her books in her bag. It was nice to perform these motherly duties even when I wasn't actually the mother. Maybe once you do these things for your own child it's obvious to all little humans?
At the end of the flight she asked, "Are you flying with us to San Francisco?" And I said, "No, I will stay in Phoenix." Her face got serious and she looked up and said, "Oh. I'm going to miss you."
It was the sweetest melt-your-heart moment from a complete stranger - a little girl with joy and love for the world. And she was headed to her new home in San Francisco, and I wouldn't see her again. This sort of positivity and love was a fantastic start to my weekend where I learned all things necessary to launch my new business. (and it's launching! more on that later.)
Thanks, Joey, for the day brightening moment. Even when I didn't think I needed it, it definitely felt right in my heart. <3 p="">
3>
I just returned to my hotel room after an exhilirating weekend in Phoenix. This conference - the things I learned and excitement generated in me are astounding. And the weekend started with a little girl named Joey. I sat next to her on the plane - and when I first got on the plane I wasn't so sure. I was excited to get away for the weekend for some "me" time, because as much as I adore my family, it was going to be nice to curl up in a ball on the plane and sleep, with no distractions or conversation. But, as I approached my seat I saw two little blond girls in my row; they looked like twins. The row behind had an equally blond younger sister and blond mom - clearly genetically blessed family.
I quickly learned the girls were 5, 4, and 2 (as they eagerly told me). Crazy mama burnt out with 3 little girls on the plane! When they started talking my ear off, their mom jokingly said, "Yeah, you won't get a word in the entire flight." I'm thinking, "Oh no, what happened to my kid-free me time?"
However, they did let me sleep for awhile, and when I woke up for the second half of the flight, little Joey became my pal. She started showing me all of her things, her stickers and drawings, and offered me a Hello Kitty sticker for my notebook. At one point, she wanted to look out the window, so I told her she could come closer. She literally climbed right up on my lap! Her mom asked if it was okay, and I said it was; it was so nice to have this little person to talk to and share things with. She snuggled in with me and we pointed at the mountains as we flew southwest.
She continued to go between her seat and my lap for the next short while, looking at me when her ears popped, asking for my help to pack her books in her bag. It was nice to perform these motherly duties even when I wasn't actually the mother. Maybe once you do these things for your own child it's obvious to all little humans?
At the end of the flight she asked, "Are you flying with us to San Francisco?" And I said, "No, I will stay in Phoenix." Her face got serious and she looked up and said, "Oh. I'm going to miss you."
It was the sweetest melt-your-heart moment from a complete stranger - a little girl with joy and love for the world. And she was headed to her new home in San Francisco, and I wouldn't see her again. This sort of positivity and love was a fantastic start to my weekend where I learned all things necessary to launch my new business. (and it's launching! more on that later.)
Thanks, Joey, for the day brightening moment. Even when I didn't think I needed it, it definitely felt right in my heart. <3 p="">
3>
No comments:
Post a Comment