Building a business is riveting. It is fascinating, frightening, and downright amazing. My dad is an entrepreneur, and I've always known I had it in me to try something. Instead of wanting, now I'm doing, and that feels pretty great.
It's a test of resiliency, a test of character. Every decision, every step is my own. I choose how much I want to pour into it, when I need a break, and when I need to push through to reach another goal. As my cousin had said to me, I will feel so great because I will have created something that didn't exist before. She is totally right. It's slow going at times, but when there are successes, they feel like huge leaps. They make me giddy! When there are challenges, it feels like 2 steps back (sometimes 3). But I learn and iterate along the way, tweak my style and overall hope for personal and professional growth.
A former co-worker once said to me she thinks every person needs to own a business in a lifetime, because of the individual growth opportunity it provides. I think she's totally right.
No comments:
Post a Comment