6 days and counting... and I really hope we don't go into overtime. This entire pregnancy I've said that I can only envision myself going early. Now with each passing day, when I wake up the next morning and think to myself, "I'm STILL pregnant," I realize that life is no longer on my terms! It's on the baby's terms. She (and biology, and fate) will determine when she is ready to join us. In the meantime, I realize how LUCKY and BLESSED I am to be surrounded by such wonderful people. People who are keeping me moving, busy, checking in, helping keep my mind from focusing on labor every waking moment. Last weekend I had breakfast with a friend who is due the same day as me (she is still pregnant too!) And a photo shoot with my friend Trace, at his house against a cool red backdrop. Here are a couple of the full term pics.
Then last night I got a text from a dear high school friend who wanted to go for a walk. "Let's get that baby moving!" she said. So today we walked around Uptown, which has made me feel even better. Now tonight, I'm going to game night with friends, which will surely help the time pass by.
I am trying my hardest to be patient, and while it's not always easy, being around people like this has made all the difference. I know how important it is to surround yourself with great people - and this has solidified yet another reason, another time in life when being around the right people has made things just feel right.
Last night I was laying in bed thinking about how much I really know this baby. How much, but actually, how little. The thought of meeting her for the first time is very surreal, and I think part of it is that I've only used one sense to know her thus far. I can feel her. From her first flutters in late September, to the punches and kicks she throws now. Jake and I were in giggles the other night and how hard her kicks were - they were frighteningly strong! Soon I will be able to add some other senses - sight, smell, and the sound of her little voice. Until then, the support of my family and friends, and the first of the five senses we share, will have to suffice.
Then last night I got a text from a dear high school friend who wanted to go for a walk. "Let's get that baby moving!" she said. So today we walked around Uptown, which has made me feel even better. Now tonight, I'm going to game night with friends, which will surely help the time pass by.
I am trying my hardest to be patient, and while it's not always easy, being around people like this has made all the difference. I know how important it is to surround yourself with great people - and this has solidified yet another reason, another time in life when being around the right people has made things just feel right.
Last night I was laying in bed thinking about how much I really know this baby. How much, but actually, how little. The thought of meeting her for the first time is very surreal, and I think part of it is that I've only used one sense to know her thus far. I can feel her. From her first flutters in late September, to the punches and kicks she throws now. Jake and I were in giggles the other night and how hard her kicks were - they were frighteningly strong! Soon I will be able to add some other senses - sight, smell, and the sound of her little voice. Until then, the support of my family and friends, and the first of the five senses we share, will have to suffice.


No comments:
Post a Comment