Baby Matthies has been making his or her way through the produce section lately. Honestly, the past month has been AWESOME - exactly 1 month go today we went "public" with news of the little one in my tummy. It's funny, everywhere I go people are asking, "How are you feeling?" I didn't realize so many people would ask this question! I guess it's common, but I feel like I'm always updating people on my current state. It's nice to know how many care. In truth, I feel great! It's been an easy month. Very little nausea, no more tired than usual, and I've been able to buy some fun maternity clothes (even at a consignment shop with my dear friend Crystal!) The fetus just surpassed apple size just in time for fall. This week, we're looking more like an avocado in length and weight.
I feel like my belly has really popped even in the last week. A few people have even looked at my belly and given me the questioning look, like "You're pregnant, right?" as opposed to me just thinking people notice on their own. Last night I am 90% sure I felt the first flutters of baby movement. It was like a butterfly flutter or popcorn popping, which is very much like what the books describe. The same thing happened tonight, and although I can't completely distinguish it, I think it's really true!!
9 months seems like a long time to be pregnant at first glance, but the fact that 4 of those months have already come and gone is somewhat surreal. I feel that I have been pregnant for awhile, but the idea of having little Baby Matthies here in 5 short months is still mind-boggling! We have a lot to do to get ready.
Final update: Oct 24 we will learn the gender of the baby! I keep thinking about how the truth is already there - the baby is already girl or boy, but it's just a secret to us. An important secret the baby is holding onto for now, until we get to share in that knowledge in just 3 more weeks. We can hardly wait.
I feel like my belly has really popped even in the last week. A few people have even looked at my belly and given me the questioning look, like "You're pregnant, right?" as opposed to me just thinking people notice on their own. Last night I am 90% sure I felt the first flutters of baby movement. It was like a butterfly flutter or popcorn popping, which is very much like what the books describe. The same thing happened tonight, and although I can't completely distinguish it, I think it's really true!!
9 months seems like a long time to be pregnant at first glance, but the fact that 4 of those months have already come and gone is somewhat surreal. I feel that I have been pregnant for awhile, but the idea of having little Baby Matthies here in 5 short months is still mind-boggling! We have a lot to do to get ready.
Final update: Oct 24 we will learn the gender of the baby! I keep thinking about how the truth is already there - the baby is already girl or boy, but it's just a secret to us. An important secret the baby is holding onto for now, until we get to share in that knowledge in just 3 more weeks. We can hardly wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment