Sunday, October 9, 2011

Food for the Soul

This weekend I was lucky enough to participate in a Courage and Renewal Retreat, put on by the (formerly known as) Center for Vocational Reflection at Gustavus, for Gustie Alumni (and friends).  I was also lucky enough to share the retreat experience with my good friend Emily.  It was at Prairie Oaks Institute in Belle Plaine, and I'll tell you many more details in these upcoming posts.  I was given PLENTY of things to share with you over the next couple weeks!  I'm still processing a lot of it, but for starters, I wanted to share a paragraph from a poem called "Camas Lilies," by Lynn Ungar.

"And you, what of your rushed and
useful life? Imagine setting it all down-
papers, plans, appointments, everything-
leaving only a note: 'Gone 
to the fields to be lovely. Be back
when I'm through with blooming.' "


More to come for sure, but in the meantime, know that I had an awesome weekend that was grounded in these thoughts!  My life is so rushed, and I like to think, so useful.  But what about letting it all go for awhile?  How awesome can it be to take an undefined amount of time to be lovely?!


I hope you had as great a weekend as I did. :)



2 comments:

  1. Food for the soul, indeed! Can't wait to read more about your ruminations. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. really it's -
    your mom said:
    ...and lovely you are.

    ReplyDelete