Sunday, November 21, 2010

Life Lessons from Callie's Perspective

 
Hi everyone, it's me, Callie.  I am 1 year old today!  I have learned so much in my first year of life and I thought I would share some of my life lessons with you.  Maybe they'll fit your situation, too.
  1. Loyalty is the best policy.  It shouldn't matter what your family does, or what they don't or can't do - you must be there for each other through everything.  That's the point of family.
  2. Superficial things don't really matter.  When Jake and Allison wake up in the morning, I give them kisses and show them how excited I am to see them.  This is before any teeth brushing, fancy clothes, or make up.  I love them when they're in sweatpants (especially when I tug at the sweatpants!)
  3. That brings me to my next point - when you love people, show them all the time!  Jake and Allison always know how much I love them.  It's never a question.
  4. Make time to play.  This is my favorite!  I love undivided attention from Jake or Allison, and sometimes I have to remind them to put down computers, TV remotes, and books so we can focus on the importance of playing together, being silly, and running circles in the house.  
  5. Always come home.  I like my sense of adventure, and sometimes I wander and travel and get into danger, but I also have a sense for coming home and knowing it's the best place in the world. (Sometimes I realize it only after they corner me and I have no choice!)
  6. People who are sad sometimes just need someone to listen.  They don't always need advice, or need your own similar story told.  When Jake or Allison is sad, I just let them talk it out.  I am also very good at licking all the tears off Allison's face!  I can sense sadness and know what my role should be every time.
  7. Life is short.  Cherish every moment together.  Get excited about the little things, so excited you can hardly stand it.  I do!!!

 Love, Callie   

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Callaway...that was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of wisdom. Thank You Callie! And Happy Belated Birthday! Wai.

    ReplyDelete