Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Waiting for You

3 days... 3 short days. You are predicted to join us in about 72 hours. Maybe more, maybe less. That is hardly any time! It's neat to think about because you are in fact already with us, and have been with us every single day for the past 9 months. But soon, you will be with us in an entirely new way. I already know you on a certain level, my sweet girl, the one we call Baby Sister. The girl that Kennedy calls "Sis," even though I'm not sure she's convinced that you're actually happening.

We have everything ready, at least to the point it needs to be. Our hearts are open and our arms are waiting. We are waiting for those sleepless nights (maybe just a few?!) and time with you in our bed, when Callie will likely pace as she looks for a spot to sleep, and we look at each other incredulously wondering, "What in the world are we doing, again?"

I think about you, and I wonder about your face, if you'll look like your big sister or be distinctly your own. I think about your personality, and how I have my predictions about your temperament and who you're going to be, but we'll see if any of them come true.

I think about spring and summer, all of the amazing times we have ahead as a family - the life we are building to make sure we make the most of our dreams. You see, we are the dreamers of the dreams. Thislife is beautiful and only lived once, and we can't wait to bring you into our world. Our world has rose-colored glasses, but there's no other way that we'd choose to live. (Sidenote: If you ask your daddy, it probably doesn't have rose-colored glasses all the time; he's the practical realist, but you'll learn a lot of that is fake.)

Bottom line - come join us when you're ready. We can't wait! I am nervous and a bit anxious, but that's true with every transition in my life. It will only take me like a minute to dive in head first and be fully committed to being the best mama of two girls I can possibly be.

No comments:

Post a Comment