I realized today another (yes, another) reason I so loved my college years. I was laying in bed, thinking to myself how great this upcoming weekend is going to be. Not just because it's a 3 day weekend, but also because we changed our plans last minute and decided to stay home from the cabin. Jake has to work his new job at Crave, and instead of risking cold nights in a tent, pressed against my 4 pound dog for warmth, I decided it would be a good weekend to stay home with NO plans.
That's not to say I won't be busy and productive. I won't just sit around. But instead of running from one thing to another, trying to keep a smile on my face and paying close attention to driving times and the clock, I'm going to just do what I want to do. See what comes next! Imagine that concept. Tonight I went grocery shopping for 3 meals - new recipes I've wanted to try. I never find time to cook new things! I mean tomorrow, I'm actually making homemade bread - yeast and all!
I was even able to contact my friend Britt today to see if she, Jason, and their daughter Siena wanted to come over for dinner tomorrow night. Luckily, they are also free! Instead of planning weeks and months in advance, I got excited to see them and we get to spend time together tomorrow.
I think this is going to be a new thing for me - and something I will strive to do. Make more time for no plans. Weird concept, I know. Again, this was something I used to be able to do in college. We never made plans - we always just let the weekend take us from one thing to another. It was bliss. And I have a feeling this weekend will be bliss, too. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment