Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Ozarks Part III

So a month and a half after our trip to Arkansas, I am going to write the final blog.  Mostly it's going to be the final journal entries from our trip, but I do want to comment on a couple things I've thought about during and since the trip.
  1. One of my favorite parts of vacation is the series of inside jokes that are created and carried throughout the length of the vacation.  This journal entry lists out these silly memories, which in a year won't mean anything to us.  But there's something magical about vacation inside jokes that seem so fabulous at the time.  They, in a lot of ways, make the vacation memorable.  I look forward to future vacations where this happens, specifically Becky's bachelorette party in Vegas and Crystal and Matt's wedding in Mexico.  It's even more fun with a group of friends.
  2. In Arkansas, I was able to chill out, relax.  I did a lot of relaxing.  I find myself lately feeling bored or antsy at home at night when I don't have much going on.  I think about all the things I should be doing or could be doing.  This is part of the reason I so desperately want to get to the cabin over Labor Day weekend!  But in reality, I should be able to relax at home the way I did in Arkansas, the way I do at the cabin. I should be able to put away my electronics, turn off the TV, and find things to do.  I am going to make it a goal to find peace in my own house.  My friend Crystal had a recent goal related to cooking new recipes - I think mine just needs to be finding new hobbies around my house that create that same sense of peace that I find on vacation.
Okay, enjoy these!  Then, onto the next subject.  What's it going to be?



No comments:

Post a Comment