4th of July is always my favorite holiday. It is seriously so much fun to celebrate mid-summer. It's always beautiful, relaxed, with few expectations. I think this year we had more expectations than usual because we were taking a weeklong road trip to the Ozark Mountains, staying in a house we rented on Bull Shoals Lake. We traveled with four friends - Trace & Ryan, Mike & Ali. Trace is from Arkansas so he wanted to visit home, and the rest of us wanted to check out a part of the country we hadn't seen before.
We got to our cabin after a good 20 minutes on winding dirt roads in the middle of nowhere, and it was beautiful. Our cabin was named Lakeside Hermitage. It was quaint and wooden and cute. I absolutely loved it.
So the first day we got there - after 12 hours of overnight driving - they found a leather journal for guests to write in. I was immediately told that I was assigned to the task of writing in the journal on behalf of our group. I'm pretty sure my friends meant that I should write an entry before we left. Of course I took job seriously and took it to the extreme. I wrote 6 pages on various days throughout the week! Trace had the idea of taking pictures of the pages so I could share them in my blog. So I'm going to share them with you - with commentary - over the next three entries.
(The first part of this page was Jake's one entry. I know it doesn't make much sense - just remember that when traveling with a group of friends, there tend to be a LOT of inside jokes).
I do think that through reading these, you'll get a sense for our week and what went on, and how we were feeling throughout the week (or at least how I was feeling!) Enjoy!
PS - If you can't read it, click on the image and it will enlarge on your screen.


No comments:
Post a Comment