Nights like this are what I live for. I've always been a night person - and over the past couple weeks, I've had a lotta nights to live for. Tonight was silly. I had golf league with Colleen, Trace and Matt, and we were punchy! We could barely focus on the game. We were jumping around the course, making jokes, enjoying the bug-free, warm, Minnesota weather. They brought me some birthday garb - it was ridiculous but fun. Check it out!
Last night - my actual birthday night - was even more special. It was also more planned out, and both types of nights have their merit. My fam and Jake's fam - our fam - they were all here for a low key BBQ. I felt so loved and so happy!
Something about evening, dusk, sunsets, darkness - it's so peaceful and calm and gives me time to reflect on the great day, the great week, the fantastic month I'm having. Some people choose mornings, but for me, nights are where it's at.
I remember so many nights in my teenage years when I'd be driving home from friends' houses (yes, on Manning) just listening to music and staring at the stars. I remember laying blankets out in Pioneer Park or sitting by a campfire taking in the scene around me.
Last week we got some of this too. In the Ozarks, we had campfires, went nightswimming, played games, and sat out on the deck. My absolute favorite night happened organically - we went out to the deck and ended up chilling, listening to rock music, and drank wine until the wee hours. It was unreal! Even during the week, my favorite time of the day is the last hour before bed. We settle in, Jake reads in bed, I usually browse the internet or get some reading done myself, and all is good. We reflect on the day. If it was a good day, I reflect what made it good. If it was a bad day, I know it's behind me, and tomorrow we will start anew.
No comments:
Post a Comment