Life is a honeymoon. Why would I title my blog such a silly name? Silly. I think that's one of my favorite words. WELL - you see, when Jake and I were on our actual honeymoon, I started to have these thoughts about life, and how IT is the real honeymoon. 2 weeks in Hawaii, gallivanting around with my love, was obviously quite blissful. That is a total "DUH" statement. And of course not every day will be that way. But if all I hope for are those few moments each year where I'm not responsible for anything but regularly applying sunscreen, then I'm not truly living life. I find I'm often so destination-focused, and when I was in Hawaii, I was SO journey-focused. So how do I bring that back to my everyday life? What do I need to do to slow down and pay attention to what's going on around me? My sister Natalie is really good at this. She told me that she rarely attends things just out of obligation. "But you see, Allison," she said, "if I'm with you, you'll know it's exactly where I want to be." How many of us spend most of our time exactly where we want to be? I think Natalie's onto something.
Duuudde. I didn't know you were thinking about starting a blog. Exciting!! Re: your post, isn't that one of the best parts of traveling, the reflection it brings to your regular life?
ReplyDeleteThanks for the shout out! Love you.