There are two major components to this business I'm building-- generating wellness and generating freedom. A major component of wellness is getting the right nutrition, as I've been able to witness numerous times over the past 5 months. The funny thing is, I sort of backed into these amazing nutritional results with a bit of intention and a bit of good fortune.
Truth: I've had at least a 10-year battle with fatigue. I've often wondered if I just never grew out of the teenage years of needing to sleep in late every weekend. I also wondered if I had just created a bad habit of sleeping late. Sure, I still enjoy sleeping until 8:00 or 8:30, but I also find that if I start my day with good nutrition, I am fueled up and don't feel groggy the rest of the day. I'm growing a baby, I hardly have any caffeine, and I can completely tell a difference by starting my day with high quality protein. Not just any protein; I also admit I have had a severe obsession with bacon over the years. I think it started when I noticed that bacon was keeping me fuller longer than cereal and toast. Sure, I still like bacon, but I find that starting with the right protein in the morning gives me a calmer energy to start my day, and I don't have the other side effects of eating that greasy, salty fat far too often. One other amazing side effect has been a complete transformation of my skin. It's like my skin has cleaned itself from the inside out! This was not the case last time I was pregnant.
This is feeling extremely serendipitous in my life right now, for many reasons. My family has always eaten fairly healthy, in the sense that we have always eaten fresh foods: lean meat, fruits and vegetables at every meal. We didn't grow up on Hamburger Helper or other boxed meals. We also didn't grow up on protein shakes. We grew up somewhere in the middle.
And if you know him, you know that Jake and I grew up eating verry different things (aka bread and cheese vs. not that). Even when I lived in Chile my host family called him "Pan y queso" !!
When I first caught the vision of this business, we knew it'd help us both get healthy. What I wasn't prepared for was the sheer joy I'd feel from seeing Jake really get healthy and me feeling really healthy! Not only did he lose 36 lbs and over 40 inches off his body, but now I catch him looking at ingredients and nutrition facts on the back of packages when grocery shopping. He also eats things in moderation and says no to junk food more often. It's been so healthy for our family and I'm beyond excited that we've fit this into our lives at the perfect time for our growing family.
Truth: I've had at least a 10-year battle with fatigue. I've often wondered if I just never grew out of the teenage years of needing to sleep in late every weekend. I also wondered if I had just created a bad habit of sleeping late. Sure, I still enjoy sleeping until 8:00 or 8:30, but I also find that if I start my day with good nutrition, I am fueled up and don't feel groggy the rest of the day. I'm growing a baby, I hardly have any caffeine, and I can completely tell a difference by starting my day with high quality protein. Not just any protein; I also admit I have had a severe obsession with bacon over the years. I think it started when I noticed that bacon was keeping me fuller longer than cereal and toast. Sure, I still like bacon, but I find that starting with the right protein in the morning gives me a calmer energy to start my day, and I don't have the other side effects of eating that greasy, salty fat far too often. One other amazing side effect has been a complete transformation of my skin. It's like my skin has cleaned itself from the inside out! This was not the case last time I was pregnant.
So, isn't it also about weight loss?
Weight loss is absolutely one positive effect of getting good nutrition. People tell me how thrilled they are with the results they get from putting good nutrition in their bodies -- overall wellbeing, not just weight loss. Boundless energy, better sleep! And nothing makes me happier than when people are so happy to have finally found a solution to feel overall health. It truly warms my heart.
Weight loss is absolutely one positive effect of getting good nutrition. People tell me how thrilled they are with the results they get from putting good nutrition in their bodies -- overall wellbeing, not just weight loss. Boundless energy, better sleep! And nothing makes me happier than when people are so happy to have finally found a solution to feel overall health. It truly warms my heart.
This is feeling extremely serendipitous in my life right now, for many reasons. My family has always eaten fairly healthy, in the sense that we have always eaten fresh foods: lean meat, fruits and vegetables at every meal. We didn't grow up on Hamburger Helper or other boxed meals. We also didn't grow up on protein shakes. We grew up somewhere in the middle.
And if you know him, you know that Jake and I grew up eating verry different things (aka bread and cheese vs. not that). Even when I lived in Chile my host family called him "Pan y queso" !!
When I first caught the vision of this business, we knew it'd help us both get healthy. What I wasn't prepared for was the sheer joy I'd feel from seeing Jake really get healthy and me feeling really healthy! Not only did he lose 36 lbs and over 40 inches off his body, but now I catch him looking at ingredients and nutrition facts on the back of packages when grocery shopping. He also eats things in moderation and says no to junk food more often. It's been so healthy for our family and I'm beyond excited that we've fit this into our lives at the perfect time for our growing family.
So what I'm dedicated to: I have decided that health for our family is at the forefront; I don't have to be the girl who is just naturally thin and pretends that thin = health. I can care on a new level about my health and the health of my family. And with that, I am so compelled and passionate about helping others do the same.
As I said there are two sides to this business-- I just shared more about generating wellness; next up: generating freedom!
As I said there are two sides to this business-- I just shared more about generating wellness; next up: generating freedom!
No comments:
Post a Comment