Lots to update on from the past 2 weeks of staycation/vacation bliss! It's been the most glorious time, and reminds me how important it is to take these large chunks of time off (instead of just a day here or there, which is what I usually end up doing). It has felt like a summer break from reality! One more day off tomorrow, then I begin my new role at Target, which I am excited for as well. Change is good; I keep telling myself that.
First things first, my girl loves the ocean. THIS is an important fact, because it is yet another way she is just like her mommy. I have forever been taken aback by the wonder and amazement - the deeply nostalgic and sentimental feeling I have every time I am by the ocean. I love the lakes at home, but not in the same way I love the ocean.
So we went for her first trip to the ocean, and she danced with glee.
I didn't even put a bathing suit on her because she's had a tactile issue with grass, and I figured the sand and cold water would keep her at bay. But she went bounding into the waves! She made her soexcited face, laughed, smiled, pointed, and we hobbled into the icy water hand in hand. It was a beautiful thing.
She got her clothes so wet that we ended in just the diaper, and she proceeded to run freely across the beach. With pure glee.
This all happened in York, Maine. The following day we did the same thing in Rye, New Hampshire and had an equal amount of excitement and participation, which makes me happy for our many ocean visits in the years to come. **More to come on the details of our New England adventure!





No comments:
Post a Comment