"And I didn't know if you knew, so I'm takin' this chance to say
That I had the best day with you today." -Taylor Swift
So my time at home every day with Kennedy is dwindling. Like really fast, quickly before my eyes. I've had some tears already, and I can safely say that this has been the only year that I completely frowned at turning the calendar to June. Normally June is my favorite! Summer, anticipation, long days, hot, starry nights. A whole three months of pure glory. Not this year. This year I would go back to April in a heartbeat. To the weeks and weeks of 24/7 time with my girl. Now I can't even say week.
However, today, I have felt energized by our time together. Recharged, excited. I heard "The Best Day" by Taylor Swift, and it made me smile. Taylor's singing to her mom instead of the other way around, but it totally touched me.
We didn't even do anything extraordinary, but that's what was beautiful. We drove downtown, strapped on the Bjorn for a walk to get ice cream (Kennedy stared straight up at the trees passing by the entire time), napped in the bed, smiled and giggled at each other. ALL DAY. It's cool how right now these are the things that constitute the best days.
And we will have more best days. The things we do will change as she grows, and I'm excited to see what the best days are made of at each age. We won't get a best day 7 days a week, but that's not reality for stay at home moms, either. We will get 3 solid days a week to turn into best days as often as possible, and I will certainly be capitalizing on those.
It won't be easy, and sometimes it will be downright difficult, but days like today are what will keep me going from one best day to the next.
That I had the best day with you today." -Taylor Swift
So my time at home every day with Kennedy is dwindling. Like really fast, quickly before my eyes. I've had some tears already, and I can safely say that this has been the only year that I completely frowned at turning the calendar to June. Normally June is my favorite! Summer, anticipation, long days, hot, starry nights. A whole three months of pure glory. Not this year. This year I would go back to April in a heartbeat. To the weeks and weeks of 24/7 time with my girl. Now I can't even say week.
However, today, I have felt energized by our time together. Recharged, excited. I heard "The Best Day" by Taylor Swift, and it made me smile. Taylor's singing to her mom instead of the other way around, but it totally touched me.
We didn't even do anything extraordinary, but that's what was beautiful. We drove downtown, strapped on the Bjorn for a walk to get ice cream (Kennedy stared straight up at the trees passing by the entire time), napped in the bed, smiled and giggled at each other. ALL DAY. It's cool how right now these are the things that constitute the best days.
And we will have more best days. The things we do will change as she grows, and I'm excited to see what the best days are made of at each age. We won't get a best day 7 days a week, but that's not reality for stay at home moms, either. We will get 3 solid days a week to turn into best days as often as possible, and I will certainly be capitalizing on those.
It won't be easy, and sometimes it will be downright difficult, but days like today are what will keep me going from one best day to the next.
![]() |
| Beautiful napper. Beautiful nap. |
![]() |
| Cake pops! (yes, I ate them both) |


No comments:
Post a Comment