Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Childbirth Classes! And Callie.

Tonight was the last night of childbirth classes! We've gone for four weeks now, on Tuesdays, and to be honest, learned a ton! I never had considered some of the great things we talked about, and I'd say they made me even more excited for what's to come. I am anxious, nervous, a bit fearful, but more than anything, these classes gave way for a feeling of excitement. We went through with about 14 other couples, and most are due mid March like us. It'll be interesting to see if any of them are at the hospital when we are there!

My belly hasn't stopped growing either, as you can tell from the picture here. This was probably 8 weeks ago too - not that the growth has continued at the same pace, but you can really see the bowling ball effect that my small frame has created! Baby girl is growing, and for this, we are extremely happy. (Oh, she's somewhere between the size of a honeydew and a pineapple right now, and probably over 4 lbs.)


Another thing that's been weighing on my mind lately (in a good way) is thinking about Little Miss Callie and how she will adjust to the baby in the house. She is just truly my pride and joy, and we're coming up on her 2nd anniversary of coming home to us this weekend. 2 years ago we had paid the deposit for her and were just waiting and waiting for the vet to say she had gained enough weight (2 lbs. in total!) that she could leave her mama and come home to us. She was the runt of the litter, and boy were we lucky to get her. I can't wait to see how she does with the baby! Honestly I think she will fight for attention for awhile, but once she realizes the baby is here to stay, she'll be just as loving and caring and watchful over her as she is over Jake and me. It's only been 2 years and I can't imagine our family without her - and I know in early 2014, I'll be saying the same exact thing about our little wobbling, wandering, giggly daughter.


Yes, girls rule this household. Get excited, Jake!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment