Monday, November 21, 2011

Life Lessons from Callie's 2nd Year

From this... (first pic of Callie from the breeder)
 ...to this (2 days before her 2nd birthday)

Well, people, I have now spent two full years on this planet!  That means - yes - it's time for me to write again and share all my knowledge and wisdom with you. I think I have learned a lot this year. Not only did I learn to use the ramp to get up and down from the bed, I also shake the water from my body on command before getting out of the shower. And above, you can see me sitting and waiting as patiently as I can for my favorite thing - a TREAT!  In more insightful news:
  1. Give more love than you think you can ever receive. Just try it - you'll be amazed at the amount of love are given in return. There is no limit to how much we can love one another.
  2. Show people how much you care! This might mean kisses, cuddling, jumping for joy, or just being with them through happiness and tears. If you love someone, show them. They will get so much out of the relationship, and you will, too.
  3. Use your senses to assess the situation. You don't need too many facts or data - just use your sight, hearing, touch, taste, and smell (my personal favorite!) My nose twitches when I'm sniffing something out, and my findings are usually spot on.
  4. Ask for what you want. Be it through sitting politely, begging, whining, or even the occasional bark (or yell!), people can only help you get what you want if you ask them for it!
  5. Stay up late and sleep in when you can. When the blinds are closed and it's dark outside, don't feel guilty if you stay in bed all day, only getting up to use the bathroom.
  6. Turn off the technology. Sometimes when Allison is on the computer, I hop right up and sit between her and the screen, so she can't see what she's doing. She doesn't need to be on it anyways; instead, she should be spending time with her loved ones (me included!)
  7. Get outside, even when it's cold out. The fresh air will invigorate you, and make you thankful for the central heat that we often take for granted.
  8. Find your people. We all have them. And once you find them, hang on tightly - they are why we exist.
See last year's birthday post here.


Love, Callie

No comments:

Post a Comment