My college education was roughly $100,000. It really does sound ridiculous. I can't believe how much college costs these days, and how much it will cost in the future (when I one day send kids to school). Some people may ask, is it worth it?
The school was awesome - I wouldn't have changed a thing. But the truly priceless part - the reason I'm HAPPY to send in my student loan payments - is because of the kickass network I built while at GAC. My realtor, my mortgage consultant's brother, my sister's connection to her PR job, the pastor who married Jake and me... these are all Gusties. But even more than the connections are the invaluable, truer than true, lifelong FRIENDS.
A couple weeks ago, six of us went on a winter girls' weekend in the middle of Wisconsin. Yes, to a town called Winter! It was just one of those weekends where we decided to relax together, cook together, sleep in, stay up late, play games, and giggle. Here are some shots from our walk through the area we stayed:
The school was awesome - I wouldn't have changed a thing. But the truly priceless part - the reason I'm HAPPY to send in my student loan payments - is because of the kickass network I built while at GAC. My realtor, my mortgage consultant's brother, my sister's connection to her PR job, the pastor who married Jake and me... these are all Gusties. But even more than the connections are the invaluable, truer than true, lifelong FRIENDS.
A couple weeks ago, six of us went on a winter girls' weekend in the middle of Wisconsin. Yes, to a town called Winter! It was just one of those weekends where we decided to relax together, cook together, sleep in, stay up late, play games, and giggle. Here are some shots from our walk through the area we stayed:
In this last pic, we are being quite silly. YES, we know it. We started a book club on the trip, and our first book discussion was about The Hunger Games. This book is awesome. I absolutely loved it! (If you want a quick read with some good life meaning and teenage excitement, check it out.) Here we are being Katniss, the expert archer. What am I aiming at anyways? And do you see Callie on my shoulder?! Priceless.
This pure silliness is why we're friends. We've been friends for over 10 years now - and it's almost like we're family. We've spent so much time laughing together, crying together, and being there for each others' most important, most memorable moments throughout our 20s. And I know we'll be here to experience the 30s, 40s, 50s, and beyond together. I KNOW these girls are here for life. And THAT is priceless.



LOVE! This made me teary! :)
ReplyDelete