- I've never been to Asia, and this will be a great way to immerse myself in a new continent
- Traveling for school grants access to many things tourists do not get - such as factory visits, meeting CEO's of companies, government visits, etc. Plus I get to share a room with a complete stranger for 2 weeks - always a unique experience!
- Really, this will be my first time in this level of third world. Yes, India is an emerging market. Yes, there are parts that are quite prosperous. And yes, I've seen poverty in Peru, Chile, Argentina. But South America and India are quite different and this will be a new level for me.
- The professor - Mani - is wonderful. He is Indian and I was able to take a class from him last spring. I have heard he truly makes the trip worth it!
We spend the first week of January in Delhi (I will be flying over the ball dropping in every time zone from Europe to North America). Then we will fly to Bangalore for the second week. I've heard the two are like completely different countries in climate, culture, industry, etc. I can't wait to see the difference.
Even further, we have a Target office in Bangalore. I have gotten to know various individuals in the Bangalore office during the last 6 months in my new job, and these people are truly wonderful. We get to visit Target Bangalore for the school program, and I can't wait to see it in person!
More to come on India, but for now, I just wanted to say that I can't wait for this experience. Traveling in this capacity has always been amazing to me - from Europe to South America, and now to Asia. I truly am lucky and extremely grateful for all I am able to do in this lifetime.
No comments:
Post a Comment